Sunday, May 29, 2016

Jade Marie Stevens is 3 years old!

Oh the joy that Jade brings into our lives!! For those of you who don't get the pleasure of knowing Jade, let me paint you the picture that is Jade Marie Stevens.
Imagine a short little bouncy haired girl with a tiny yet LOUD voice. She doesn't do ANYTHING unless it's recognized, because what's worth the effort if you don't get praise right? I can't imagine Jade ever going through a hard time in life and not being able to overcome it. She finds it easier to be happy than to be unhappy. Her laugh is my life's theme song. She giggles at anything! She makes babysitters, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends feel like the funniest people in the world. But she truly thinks they all are! She is always looking to make a room laugh. She loves her brother Leo, but not in the motherly, nurturing way. She loves him in the be my best friend, always inclusive, party with me way. When Leo was born I thought my attention sponge of a daughter would have a hard time sharing the spotlight..but she didn't! When she sees me gooing at Leo, she either joins in or compliments his cuteness. I see many qualities that will stay with her forever because she just came with them. She will ALWAYS be:

Beautiful
Giggly
Funny
Helpful
Observant
Talkative
Smart
Musical (this girl can sing and entertain at the same time, I see theater in her future)

Some of my favorite things I have recorded Jade saying this year:

Don't rush me, I'm laughing

(while pointing at herself in a picture) Dad, that girl is hungry.

I love you TOO much mom.

All of my friends are beautiful.

I'm happy because I'm Jade.

I talked to Jesus and told him that I puked in a bowl.

(Grandpa asked Jade when she is coming back to Brazil) I can't, we don't have any money.

(After a very traumatic experience getting her blood drawn) Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day. Doctors are mean. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 

We threw a barn yard bash party for Jade. We brought the jump house and decorated it to look like a barn (we forgot to take a picture of this..oops!), had farm animal cupcakes, broke open a pinata, and cuddled with our then baby chicks. I spent way to many hours making stick horses for the kids to take as their take home gift(major back pain, major regrets). Thank you for all who helped me decorate, take down, came and spoiled celebrated Jade!




















No comments:

Post a Comment