Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A mother's thoughts the day before baby #3

Little man, I can't even describe how connected I feel to you. You have been my constant companion for 9 months now. You and me have already been through a lot together. We've been through, nausea, a blood infection, cravings, aversions, pains, anemia, sleepless nights, conversations, walks, airplane rides, and everything in-between. 

We call you our little radish because of the crazy amounts of radishes I eat on a daily basis (talk about low iron). You love Mcchickens from Mcdonalds and gave me the blessing of being able to tolerate water this pregnancy (no coke this time!- yay!). 

You are by far my strongest and biggest baby yet! I have gained the most with you, feel you the strongest and have never been told you are "small" by doctors like I have been told with my other two pregnancies. I can't wait to see what you can accomplish in the outside world! Thank you for making me stronger, more patient,  and more humble than ever (I am more aware now of all the things I can ask for help with and also the things I need to let go of). You have not been easy to grow, but I can promise that I have grown along with you this last year!  Cheers to making each other better and striving to be better each day! 

You have the invaluable blessing of having a dad that you can trust, learn from, and want to emulate. He knows just as much as anybody else in this world how difficult life can be, but chooses to rise above and turns to God always. If you desire to be a man of God, I pray that you watch your father closely and learn from him. As you do so, you will not find perfection, but you will undoubtedly find strength and power in a man who is persistently happy to follow a righteous path of worthy living. I pray that you will choose to follow the righteous examples of your earthly and Heavenly Father. 

I want you to know more than anything else how much our Father in Heaven loves you! As I have prayed, grown and carried you these last months, I have felt His love for you on levels I can't even describe. I know He is watching over you and wants you to be happy. I know He has big plans for your life here on earth and I promise that if you actively search out God and grow a relationship with him, that you will find happiness and you will never be alone.

As your dad and I prepare for your arrival tomorrow, we are anxious, excited, but mostly grateful for your soon to be permanent role in our lives.  We don't know what we are going to name you, how your siblings will welcome you, where and if you will sleep and in general what changes you will introduce to our family but we are thrilled to find out and love you forever! Welcome to the Stevens family!

No comments:

Post a Comment