Saturday, January 12, 2013

31 weeks! Baby Shower and a million ultrasounds later.

 Pictures from my WONDERFUL Baby Shower when I was 28 weeks!!!!








It's been a while since I posted anything! This is due to an overwhelming amount of greatness that has been happening.

The Christmas holidays in Canada was exactly what Alex and I needed. We relaxed, relaxed AND RELAXED some more!

Some things we did in Canada:

Snow mobiling 
Set up elf on the shelf for our little nephews
Watched bowl games non stop
Ate non stop
Ordered Hat's Chinese food
Girl's day out shopping along with a Boston Pizza visit
Babysat Autumn and let me tell you, she was a dream. I'm in love with her little face.
Went to my Baby Shower hosted by the Hill's! It was adorable and well done! They are the best second family to me in the world!
Scored my parents old plasma tv!!
Watched the Christmas lights in Medicine Hat! Beautiful!
Hot tubbed (excluding this pregnant lady)
Went to the annual COUSIN'S party! Which included Fire Stone, a free virgin drink for expecting mothers, and seeing all my wonderful cousins!
Seeing my Grandmother and helping her move to her new home!
Having the Macdonalds come and visit us in the Hat and play monopoly almost a million times. I still have never won that ridiculous game.
Making homemade turtles!
Brittany teaching me how to make hair bows for our baby girl!
Yogen Fruz
Le Miz
The Hobbit
Tooty Fruity
Moxie's White Chocolate brownie
2 Hockey games!
Tim Hortons
Dwindle every day.
Turkey Dinner
My Mom's famous Tort and turtle cheesecake...enough said.


This Christmas has been the best because it was my first Christmas being complete with Alex. Love that boy to bits! He spoiled me!

This Christmas could have been even better if were graced with Jordan and Heather's presence! But we  don't blame them, DISNEYLAND is a good trade ANYDAY! Can't wait to hear about their adventures this holiday! This is an invitation for Jordan to PHONE his BABY SISTER :)


This was at a little over 31 weeks!:) She is just sucking her thumb...no big deal.
So since i have been back in Rexburg I have had TWO ultrasounds! Baby Stevens gets cuter and cuter every time I see her...I swear. She is getting a little too big and low for good ultrasound pictures unfortunately. At my first ultrasound this week they informed me that her development was perfect but that my fluid was in the bottom 5 percentile. SCARY! They told me if it gets any lower that they will have to deliver her early. We are praying that this doesn't happen because I don't think she is quite ready yet and either am I!!! They scheduled me for another ultrasound in Idaho Falls where they have a better ultrasound machine. This machine can determine the pressures and quality of the placenta and fluid. When I made the appointment i was told to drink 32 oz of fluid and to hold my bladder. Later int he week they phoned me to reschedule my appointment for two hours later and again reminded me to drink that fluid! Ultrasound day came and Upon driving the drive to Idaho Falls, I drank a ridiculous amount of water. Painful enough you think? No. I ended up waiting in the waiting room for an hour and half past my appointment time. I didn't know whether i was going to puke or wet myself. I asked the receptionist how much longer it was going to be because I wasn't feeling so good. She then asked how far along I was. I told her I was 31 weeks and a couple days. She laughed and told me I didn't have to drink ANY water if i was that far along and that i could have had a dry bladder. I WAS LIVID! I think they just wanted some mid day entertainment in that medical center because that experience was AWFUL and UNNECESSARY! Alex sure thought it was funny.....I still need time.

This ultrasound was extra long and I got to watch our baby for a half hour! She was fluttering her tongue and punching Mom the whole way through! In this ultrasound they found out that my placenta is aging faster than it should at 31 weeks. This is also not good news. They told us we would have an ultrasound every 2 weeks to monitor both my placenta and fluid and everything might be okay until full term. We sure hope so! Thank you to friends and family who have had us in their prayers!




This last week SPENCER, my cousin came over for Sunday Supper! It was great to see him after 2 years of mission! I am so excited he will be living in Rexburg for a while :)

I started a quilt with my Mom for the baby! here it is thus far!


I still have to do the ribbon binding around the edge..but it is almost done!!!

I think I will be better at blogging now that holidays are over and my schedule is back on!

Oh yeah.....HAPPY 2013!







1 comment:

  1. sounds like an amazing holiday! Natalie and I love the quilt, it's so fluffy!

    ReplyDelete