Wednesday, April 3, 2013

1 Month Old...ALREADY


This week has been nuts as we have been wrapping up the semester!
This should sum it all up in one giant list...

1. Jade turned ONE MONTH this week! Time flies when you are having a blast!






This photo was taken ON her one month birthday!
























2. We found out we will get Jade's birth certificate just in time to visit Canada after the semester! I can't wait to lounge around, eat my heart out, FINALLY go into the hot tub after 9 months, watch movies, go quading, visit old friends and maybe even visit Calgary or Banff. I am so excited for Jade's first trip to my great country...CANADA :)...Now onto the paper work of making her a dual citizen...

3. Did I mention this semester is almost over?

4. Alex's sister Katie gave her farewell talk last Sunday and although we couldn't be there, she sent us a copy of her talk. It boosted me this week with her beautiful insights and testimony! She is going to change lives in Brazil!

5. We started planning our trip to Oregon this summer for Alex's sister, Michelle's wedding! We plan on going a week before so Alex can introduce me to the West coast beaches, go on tons of hikes, relax and celebrate Michelle and Tj's marriage with the family. Now to find a dress to wear to the wedding...

6. My cousin, Joe and his wife Amy are pregnant! I get even more excited for people now that I have gone through it all. The whole process is miraculous and helps you put your life into perspective. God trusts us to take care of his children and this huge responsibility has become first priority to me. Congrats Amy and Joe, can't wait to watch for updates and pictures!

7. For my birthday, I treated myself to a pedicure to kick start this nice weather and flipflop season.

8. Jared surprise visited me this week. On my birthday, Jared phoned me and didn't mention my birthday or even hint. I thought he forgot! The next day I woke up from a nap to hear a knock at the door. I thought I was still dreaming....NOPE...he was there in the flesh. It was nice to see him even if it was only briefly and once again he came bearing gifts. One free date night to Olive Garden and a babysitter!

9. Nat and Dave blessed their sweet baby Oaklyn! Her dress was the fluffiest I have ever seen...yes it might even be fluffier than Jade's! I still find myself re-admiring the pictures of her in it!




10. We got some pictures back from Jenny that she took of Jade while she was here! I love them! She is so talented and so good to us! Most of the photos above are from her.

11. I forgot to get Alex an Easter basket but I didn't however forget about April Fools! haha. I drove Al to work that morning and gave him a goodbye hug with motives...I ever so gently placed a "kick me" sign on his back as he walked into work! haha. I know...cruel....but so funny. After work, I picked him up with a parking ticket in my hand. Sadly Alex takes disappointment like a champ and CAN'T get mad, so his reaction was not as exciting as I anticipated.

12. The other day I got a migraine and was out for the night. Alex stayed up with Jade all night, did the dishes, wrote me a nice note and then went to work tired the next day! I picked a good one! :) We must both have been tired the next day because after work he asked if I could pick him up. I got Jade in her car seat and headed to our parking spot only to discover our car was gone. Alex had driven it to work and didn't need a ride at all. Yep, we need sleep.

13. Sunday I woke up with an eye infection...and the next thing I know, Jade has one too! Poor little thing. It is looking a lot better now thank goodness!

14. We coloured Easter eggs this week with our friends. We had a ridiculous amount of eggs and none went without colour.

15. We went to our last week in our ward. We are going to miss our calling as sunday school teachers to the 12 year olds.

16. I went through the wrong door on my way out of testing center this week....yep alarms went off and all eyes were on me. The way I look at it, I did them all a favour....just trying to wake them up. Again...i'm blaming it on lack of sleep.

17. We got invited over to my old roommate's house for supper. It was delicious and Alex enjoyed watching March Madness.

I love this feeling every year when the weather slowly becomes warm and inviting! So much to look forward to!








No comments:

Post a Comment