Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Canadian border doesn't understand April FOOLS!

Today has been probably the worst day ever. But maybe one day we will look back at this and laugh? Maybe. Some day far, far away. April Fools is supposed to be all fun and games right? NO!!!!! Not this time around. The last two days I have spent all my time on the phone with service Canada. Alex's visitor's visa expires today and all we wanted to do was extend it. But NO, that is too easy. After scanning a million documents and waiting on hold for hours, we were told Alex would have to come to the border to figure things out. So I called Alex at work and he was a good sport. He left on his 2 hour journey to the border. I got a call from Alex at the border saying that that specific border didn't deal with this issue and they won't let him back in Canada. Yeah, like he is a real criminal. COMMON!!! So currently he is driving to the next border several hours away to try and enter back in. Yeah, I hope I get my husband back! I'm just waiting for the border to say, "April Fools! Just Jokes!". But I know this is for real and that reality is LAME. I miss my illegal, immigrant, probably tired, border hopping, criminal of a husband! COME BACK!

SO I stumbled on this cartoon that pretty much sums up the lack of communication and ridiculousness of the USA/Canada border. Canada let my husband back in. What else do you need from us? 

 

1 comment:

  1. Borders are the worst! It's only a matter of time until we get deported too, maybe that's when we can have a reunion in the states???

    ReplyDelete