Monday, July 21, 2014

Rexburg is underwater!

This past week we found out that Rexburg was flooding pretty bad and there was plenty of footage to prove it. 

Footage

It took us days of watching the footage on our newsfeeds before we remembered that we have everything we own in a storage unit there. I know, like DUH! Once it hit me, I was on a mission to find out if our family's things were washed away and ruined. Everything is closed on Sundays in Rexburg and the storage company would not answer their phone today, which I took as a bad sign. FINALLY we got a hold of the storage company to find out that our storage facility was one of the only ones in Rexburg to stay dry. DRY!!! I have never felt so much relief! Before we found out, I would find myself thinking about new things every hour that I would die without. For example, sewing machines, guitars, memory boxes, my wedding dress, Jade's blessing gown, our vita mixer, my grandma's christmas tree and my Christmas present, a bosche kitchen mixer. Next, after the relief set in, I felt devastated for those who actually lost their belongings and family memories. Pray for them with us! I hope and pray that these people have family and insurance to help them out! Rexburg is a great place because they with out a doubt will come together to help one another. 

1 comment:

  1. Our apartment barely made it. They redid the parking lot after you left and if they didn't, your old apartment would have been underwater. Check my blog to see what out front looked like. It was crazy.

    ReplyDelete