Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A letter From Mom On Your 1rst Birthday!


Little Jade at the hospital...


Birthday girl saying Happy Birthday!


It's fun to see Jade so little and then a year later, SO BIG!





My sweet Jade Marie, today is your first birthday! A year ago today, we were meeting you for the first time. Meeting you was the most spiritual experience I have ever had. Nothing prepares you for this moment. The moment, you see life in an entirely different way. With more surety than ever, I realized that God has to exist. Life is too intricate and complex to be a mistake. There are no words created to describe the moment you were born. We were overcome with love, compassion, protective instincts, happiness, strength and purpose. God has a purpose for you, me and everyone here. God entrusted me and your Dad with one of his precious children…you. My heart stopped when our eyes met. Suddenly, I had a person that needed me. Needed me for everything. One day you won't need me. This reality scares me. But hopefully it also means you have found your eternal companion who takes care of you and loves you an incredible amount.

I can honestly say that this last year has been my favourite. I know that every year will become my new favourite.  In the first year of your life you have lived in Rexburg Idaho, Orem Utah, back to Rexburg and now Medicine Hat Alberta Canada. You have flown on an airplane from Canada to Utah. You have seen all the seasons. You love eating new things. If I ever find you aren't eating well, I just introduce a new food and you are eager to eat it. I will do what ever it takes to hear your laugh or get a cuddle. You are the definition of sweet. Your presence makes everyone in the room smile. You enjoy life but I can tell that you are a thinker too. You think before doing anything. You like people. You smile at anyone with your one tooth sticking out for all the world to see. 

It's hard to believe a year ago, I didn't have you in my life. Thank you for being a constant reminder of the Saviour's love. Your presence reminds me daily of my life's purpose. Your smile reminds me that happiness is right in front of me, and never behind me. This year has flown by so fast. Only a couple more before you think you don't need me. Before you start making decisions on your own. Before you take what we have taught you and test it out on your own life's adventures. Please remember that I love you. That I don't have the ability to stop loving you. It became permanent the day you came into our lives on March 5th, 2013. No letter, no words, will ever adequately represent how deep my love is for you. Happy 1st Birthday Jade! I can't wait to see what another year will bring! Keep lighting up the room.

Love, Mom

We are celebrating Jade's birthday next week when my parent's are back from Hawaii. So expect another post with pictures of her and her smash cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment