Friday, November 7, 2014

16 weeks

I am addicted to babies. I love them. But they don't love me back all the time. This week my OBGYN sent me to the hospital to get hooked up to iv's over night. I'm currently writing this as I sit here at 6 am, because hospitals have a law to never let you get some shut eye. The iv's I'm getting include: electrolytes, fluids, calories, anti-nausiants and prenatal pills. After this my doctor is working on getting me at home care to get iv's a couple times a week until the baby is born. I guess I should explain why it's necessary. With Jade's pregnancy I suffered with HG the whole time and lost a lot of weight. This pregnancy I'm starting out at a lower weight and don't have much body fat to give. I can't keep a lot of anything down and my days consist of running to puke and wondering when I'm going to puke next. Not fun. Either is this hospital visit. I'm hoping it helps. Or at least helps baby #2 get some good nutrients. Alex stayed with me until late last night and as soon as we both knew he should probably leave in order to get sleep for school tomorrow I started crying uncontrollably. Alex and I have spent almost no nights a part from each other since we've been married. We don't like it, in fact we hate it. But here I am at 6 am the next day and I've made it. Now I'm just hoping I get outta here by tonight because we have tickets to the redwings game and a cute baby I already miss terribly at home. Maybe I will feel good long enough because of the iv's they are giving me to enjoy and keep down some greasy game foods too. In the mean time I will just torture myself and watch the food network while I'm on this liquid hospital diet. Sounds smart right?

No comments:

Post a Comment