Friday, November 21, 2014

All kinds of sick and all kinds of blessings.

For weeks now I have been sick SICK SICK! I can't catch a break. I'm sick from pregnancy..but I was prepared for 9 months of this and I have learned to accept it for the most part graciously and for the other part like a psycho but mostly gracious..I think. But while getting and IV to help with the pregnancy puking, I had the world's worst cold/cough combo. Then JUST as I got over that I got an ear infection in both of my ears. I spent a day trying home remedies and texting Alex about my predicament. It was on the day of the week that Alex is gone before I even wake up and home right before bed. I had no car to go see a doctor and I was just trying to get through the day. So once Alex got home we went to bed and I continued with the home remedies. Later, in the middle of the night, I woke up with the worst pain in my ears. It was 4:30 am and Alex warmed up the car, scraped off the snow and got me Tylenol so that I could go into emergency. This pain was not something I could manage any longer. Alex offered a prayer before I left. And I knew that God was with me because the pain subsided enough while I drove to the hospital. The doctor at emergency confirmed I had two ear infections and ruptured my left ear drum. Cool. He suggested I go see an ear doctor later that day to have him look at my ears because he was worried there was further damage and worried about the blood in my ear. My first question..what drugs are you gonna give me? He was scared to give me a strong antibiotic because I'm pregnant. So I took whatever he was willing to give me and headed to the 24 hour pharmacy. After taking the pills for half a day and still feeling sorry for myself, I remembered our good friend here is a doctor that is going further to be an ENT(ear, nose and throat doctor). I contacted his wife in hopes she would ask him all the questions I had and help me know what to do because I was still in so much pain. He called and said the antibiotic the doctor gave me was not ideal and offered to call in a better antibiotic that was still safe to take while pregnant. YES! Give me the good stuff! So a big thank you to Matt for the prescription and his wife Whitney for the delicious supper she brought us last night. I have been taking the new medication for almost a day now and I have high hopes that it will start working soon, the pain will ease up and my left ear will be able to hear again haha. We have had a lot of tender mercies lately..like a lot, but the biggest one is how amazing our daughter is. 

Jade we love you for so many reasons but these past couple weeks the biggest reason is how EASY you are. Your dad and I have had so many talks recently about how much in awe we are when it comes to you. You are obedient, smart, kind, sweet, funny, independent and ours, all ours. We are blessed. I can't imagine having any other child during these hard weeks. I have gotten SO many babysitting offers from ladies in our ward. I definitely feel the love from our ward and I appreciate their willingness to serve, it's amazing. But when I'm asked if I need a babysitter to get some rest, I honestly chuckle to myself because I never have any complaints when it comes to you. I honestly don't think anyone understands how easy I do have it as a mother. I have complaints about energy to cook, clean and go to doctor appts but never any about you. You are simple and easy. When I hurt I see you stare at me with concern and you often stroke my head and kiss my nose. When I am in pain, I swear you know and you bring your toys to the room I am in and play quietly by yourself. I talk to you and comment on your baby's eyes, hair, outfit and you just giggle and continue playing. I hardly have to get up from my forever spot on the couch yet I am still able to play with you. We have a good thing going and I can't help but thank God for sending me you. You have a sweet spirit that is always searching to comfort, support and please me. You have taught us so much about life in your short time in our home. Thank you for blessing us more than we deserve. God gives us only what we can handle while he still tries to challenge us. Me being sick is challenging for both your daddy and I, but Jade, you are a diamond in the rough.

I like to pretend I'm sleeping and Jade likes to pretend the remote is a phone. My favourite part of the video is at the end when she says "It's Jade"! Which sounds more like "It jeeed".

No comments:

Post a Comment