Sunday, November 9, 2014

Canadian Thanksgiving In Stow Ohio

We traveled to Ohio this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend to be with my sister Natalie and her family. We love being around them because their kids are so full of life and Nat and Dave are so similar to us. We found out last minute that Landon's soccer game was canceled so we made the most of it and had some fun family soccer time in the indoor field together. Both Landon and Easton are very athletic. Landon even got to 100 goals before we left :) We put together Thanksgiving dinner and endulged in it non stop for the entire weekend. It was fun to be pregnant with my sister again! We were able to talk baby a lot while our husbands could talk sports, careers, school and other less than fun things. We did an early gift exchange for Christmas because we were sure when the next time was that we would see each other. It was fun until Alex and I unwrapped the new and improved Christmas "pooch". In our family we have this famous "pooch" that someone gets every year for Christmas. It's funny because we always forget and then BAM someone is unwrapping this cheap dog stuffed animal as a gift. The story behind it goes all the way back to when I was 10 years old and had a paper route. I had gotten one of my school friends a dog in a purse stuffed animal for Christmas as a gag/inside joke gift and mistakenly forgotten that I had left it on the kitchen counter while I went out to do my paper route. While I was gone, my sister Natalie and brother Jordan discovered the ugly creature and got out a sharpy and proceeded to draw unibrows and chest hair all over my friend's gift. They had a good time laughing at all the things they thought up to draw on the poor pooch. When I got home from my paper route I discovered my graffitied gift. I showed my mom and she tried not to laugh as she investigated around the house and talked to possible culprits. Natalie and Jordan confessed and said they thought it wasn't a big deal because they didn't think anyone cared about the ugly stuffed animal and just had some fun with it. I was so upset because I had specifically bought this gift for a friend and I was 10 and everything was a big deal I guess. They bought me another pooch and then we all forgot about the experience. Little did we know, my mom kept the vandalized pooch because she thought the whole story was pretty funny. She wrapped the gift and addressed it to Jordan and Natalie. On Christmas morning Jordan and Natalie noticed this nice looking present addressed to them that  they thought was probably something awesome. When it came to opening the gift they were sorely mistaken. It was the pooch coming back to haunt them. Every Christmas since my family wraps the pooch up for one unsuspecting family member. SO this year Alex and I opened up a gift that was in fact the pooch but instead of the original pooch it was a singing and dancing pooch that was also vandalized in a similar fashion. Jade cried every time we turned it on and it started singing. I don't blame her because it WAS quite frightening. Anyways...it was a good time. Hopefully we see them soon. It's so nice only living a couple hours from family.



No comments:

Post a Comment