Sunday, November 9, 2014

I love my parents, especially in person

As soon as we came home from Georgia we were greeted by my parents who had already spent a night at our house. The next day we immediately went to Costco to buy some beds. My parents buy us kids two single beds (which makes a king when put together) when they come to visit so they can have a king size bed to sleep on when they come to visit and we get two single beds for our kids when they aren't visiting. It's a great deal if you ask me! They justify the purchase by saying it saves them money because a week in a hotel would cost more than the beds. I'm excited because I'm going to start Jade in a big girl bed in the coming weeks and now I have a bed to set up her big girl room! My parents know how to cheer up a sick pregnant lady and an exhausted law student. We went out to eat everyday and tried all the restaurants around our house we have been wanting to try. They spoiled us with all sorts of NEW things for our house. I capitalize NEW because we never buy NEW. So it is a real treat to say we have some quality stuff around here. Jade was spoiled with attention and Canadian candy obviously. She still screams PAPA and MAMA even now that they have gone. It's kinda sad. She is now experiencing a candy detox :) We went to the Henry Ford Museum which contains million dollar vehicles throughout our history. It was a really neat place to read about all the different progressions and inventions our world has made. It's insane to think about. It had airplanes from the beginning of the technology to now. It had so many things that it took us hours to go through. It had fun kids sensory sections for Jade and electric scooters my parents insisted on me using. It actually did help because I didn't waste any calories or puke through the entire experience. Little successes matter! We tried several pet stores to find a free "zoo" for Jade. The pet stores around here were sadly stocked but Jade still got to see puppies and that is all that matters to her. I was also able to go to a million doctors appointments which sounds lame but I don't usually have a car during the say so we have to plan a lot just to schedule appointments. It was nice to just get a lot of that type of stuff done. While at my OBGYN appointment, my doctor suggested going to the hospital over night to get hooked up to IV's and you can read about that experience here. It was nice to have my parents to take care of Jade while I was in the hospital and Alex was at school. The iv's helped and I haven't puked since! It has been two days and it feels awesome! I unluckily came down with a cold and sore throat which was passed down to Jade, so I haven't been able to fully appreciate not puking after meals. But my cold is nearing the end of it's stay and I'm excited to feel completely healthy! A nurse is coming to our house several times a week to keep the iv's in my system on a regular basis so I keep down calories and nutrients. It's definitely gonna take some getting used to with me doing my day to day stuff wrapped up in cords and iv bags but I'm glad my doctor is looking out for me and taking needed action.  After I was discharged from the hospital my parents took me for ice cream and then we all went to a Redwing's game. It was such a good game that ended with a wing's win! We went out for pizza in down town Detroit before the game and it was fun to finally experience this place we have been living in for months now and had yet to really see. Alex drives through the city to get to school but never has spent time walking around and I spend my days at home with Jade. It was fun and a great way to finish off their visit. We love when family comes! Now my parents are 2 hours away in Ohio with my sister Natalie and her family and will be back next Friday to go to ANOTHER wing's game with us before they fly home.








No comments:

Post a Comment